Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Help a girl shop

I'm trying to find a lamp for Dude's room. Everytime a car goes by and the headlights shine onto his bedroom walls, he's just transfixed. So I want to get him a light that shines/projects moving shapes onto the walls or ceiling. I found ONE thing that may work but I don't know if it projects or just lights from within.

I used to have one of those aquarium lights, with two layers of plastic painted with fish on it, each layer moving at a different speed. It was nice but so fragile that the one time it fell off the table, it was kaput. So I don't want lots of moving pieces, just something where the shade does most of the heavy lifting, kwim?

Someone out there knows what I'm talking about. I hope you wander by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

get him a lava lamp!

Jodi said...

With a toddler in the house, I am looking at stuff like this all the time. Is this like something you are thinking of? It's a Canadian company, but I'm sure you can find it your way. : ) Good luck.

(sorry-no hyperlink: I'm on a mac.)

http://www.ecozyshop.com/eCozyShop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2668

Jodi said...

Ok, you're entitled to think I'm a loser with too much time on her hands and much too much interest in other people's lights. While I don't have a lot of time, I am a tad too interested in your light selection. BUT, the obvious aside, I have been doing some shopping on this site for myself, and happened to find one more light that may be more in line with what you've described, although maybe it's too young? At any rate, here is another light:

http://www.ecozyshop.com/eCozyShop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2716

Ok. I'll leave you alone now. Promise. : )