Thursday, November 16, 2006

Down the rabbit hole

What with the grand day of turkeys coming up, and famdamily coming to visit, my NaBlo posts are going to be - can you believe it? - even shorter. And with even less interesting content!

But I'm sticking it out since I'm so miserably far behind with my NaNo. I'm immensely proud of myself for cranking out as much content as I have, though. Eighteen-thousand-plus words. Not bad.

I'll bring the laptop with me when I go to pick up my dad & stepmother; I figure if nothing else I can try to write when/if Dude is napping. Oh, and that's a whole new post. Sleep training. I hate the term, it's not like babies don't know how to sleep. They just don't know how to comfort themselves. Maybe it should be called comfort training. Whatever, Dude's experiencing it and I'm actually kind of surprised by how sunny he's been today, given the miserable night we all had last night.

I went out and bought the bird today: 21+ lb of organic goodness. I hope it's enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As much as I'm against CIO, I do think the health and happiness of the family as a whole has to be weighed as part of the equation. That's what happened with us. I cannot survive on 3-4 hours of sleep/night, and that's what I was getting. I was an awful mother during the day, and falling apart -- emotionally and physically. We tried everything else before resorting to CIO (no-cry sleep solution, etc.), and we did it in the least-traumatic way possible (did not leave her to scream for hours on end). I think this should never be done with young babies under any circumstances, but my daughter was 9 months old at the time, and after a certain age, I think it is less likely to do lasting harm. I still believe all other avenues should be pursued, but if it's what you've got to do, it's what you've got to do. I hope things go well (and fast) for you.