Friday, April 14, 2006

..and I didn't have a camera ready

I posted this over at the parenting board I frequent, but I figured I'd put it up here, too, since I'm less likely to be charged with neglect. I have my fears that some of the moms are going to react less than graciously about it, but hey, I didn't drop him on his head, so I'm already ahead of the game.


So I have AMP in the bouncy chair with the vibrator on (let's not get into how odd that sounds) and I needed to take P upstairs for her nap.

First off, let me get it out of the way and say I'm a Bad Mommy because I don't have him strapped in. I figure he can't roll, he can't walk, so it's not necessary yet. Now I get why it is:

I have a sheepskin in the bouncer so it's a bit more comfy for him, and just 'cause it fits so well. The only problem is that it it's more likely for him to slide down a bit and end up more toward the foot end of the seat. So I generally have to rearrange him in the seat after he's been in it a while, but that's no big deal.

I just came downstairs from putting P down and he had slid, asleep, all the way down to the foot end. His legs and butt had slid right off onto the floor so his head and shoulders were on the seat but nothing else. STILL ASLEEP!

I give myself points for taking the bouncer off the table before I went upstairs (yeah, I know, don't put it on the table). I guess he'll stay on the floor from now on, even if I'm right there, cause he doesn't seem interested in staying put. I'll also be using the belt. All the time.


I know that there are women who like to compare their parenting skills against those of other moms, so hey, maybe I'm making someone's day by giving her a big gold star for her record book. But I like to think that more commonly, women like to hear of other moms doing dumbass shit and having everything turn out okay. So this is my humble offering to them. Today I did a dumbass thing. But everything turned out okay. Go forth, and be amused.

No comments: